Shamrock True Lime Meringue Cups
DescriptionCrispy meringues topped with lime cream, yum! Too bad St. Patrick's Day only comes around once a year. Maybe it's good luck to make this twice!
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
8 tsp from True Lime Shaker (or 16 packets of True Lime) dissolved in 1/2 cup water
2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
20 green candied cherries
1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla, salt, and cream of tartar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
2. Drop meringue into 12 mounds on two parchment paper-lined baking sheets. With the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Bake at 275 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour.
3. In a small bowl, beat milk and True Lime juice until combines. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
4. Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired. Spoon 1/3 cup filling into each meringue cup. Cut 18 cherries in half and two into thin slivers; garnish each dessert with a shamrock shape. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
1 serving equal 225 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 48g carbohydrates, trace fiber, 4g protein.
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests